Our mission is to showcase the talents of local volunteers and to entertain and enrich our community by producing good plays done well…since 1944. Please support your volunteer driven theatre by enjoying one of the area's best live venues.
The Little Theatre Radio Hour—Alfresco
The Little Theatre of Walla Walla is hosting
a series of classic radio dramas
in a readers’ theatre format.
* These will be staged outside (alfresco) in the parking lot to the east of the theatre building.
* Performances will take place on Saturday and Sunday evenings (weather permitting) for four weeks starting Saturday, September 5th.
* Each evening of performances will last approximately one hour.
* Seating will be in “pods” with space for no more than four individuals.
* You will need to bring your own chairs.
* Due to social distancing requirements, there are only 17 pods available so reservations are strongly encouraged.
* Reservation of a pod for 1 to 4 people can be made through our online ticketing system or by calling the theatre office (509-876-2316) 9:00 - 4:00 Monday through Friday.
* Note - This is festival pod-seating which means "first-come-first-served" for selecting the location of your pod the evening of the performance.
* Seating will begin ½ hour prior to the performance. Five minutes prior to performance empty pods will be offered to stand-bys.
* There is no charge for these performances, though donations will be happily accepted!
Schedule of performances:
September 5 & 6, 6:30p (Seating @ 6p)
Two short dramas directed by Jeremy Reed
Agatha Christie’s Poirot “The Case of the Careless Client”
Sherlock Holmes “Adventure of the Tolling Bell”
September 12 & 13, *Postponed due to hazardous air quality. Moved to Oct. 3 & 4
Two short dramas directed by Jeff Schlicher & Gene Dahl
Sam Spade “The Blood Money Caper”
“The Maltese Falcon”
September 19 & 20, 6:00 (Note earlier start) (Seating @ 5:30p)
Hour-long drama directed by Douglas Carlsen
September 26 & 27, 6:00 (Note earlier start) (Seating @ 5:30p)
Two short dramas directed by George Smith
The Saint “High Fence”
We have worked with the Walla Walla County Health Department to develop proper distancing and sanitizing guidelines. To meet those guidelines a number of restrictions are necessary for attendance:
Masks are required—no exceptions
No more than 4 individuals seated in a pod
Patrons must bring their own chairs—seating will not be provided by the theatre
No bathrooms will be available
No food or alcoholic beverages
There will be no movement in and out of pods once audience members are seated
Out of respect for all, please do not come if you are feeling ill
There is no roadmap for presenting live theatre in this time of COVID; we are learning as we go. Please respect our guidelines for attendance and be patient with us. Our desire is to entertain you and bring moments of joy in these trying times.